Sufi Vineyard is located on Bald Peak in the Chehalem Mountains between 600 to 800 feet in elevation on Laurelwood soils. On a clear day, the site boasts panoramic views of Portland and several peaks to the east including Mount Hood, Mount Adams and Mount St. Helens.
The Abtin family planted 15 acres in 2009 with several Dijon clones (777, 667, 115) and a Pommard clone of Pinot noir. It is LIVE (Low Input Viticulture and Enology) certified and Salmon Safe.
The vineyard is named after the ancient culture of Persian monks, who selflessly give up their earthly possessions in search of light (or divinity).
- Variety: Pinot noir
- Clones: 115, 667, 777, Pommard
- Acres: 6.77
- Aspect: South
- Spacing: 7’ X 5’
- Year planted: 2009
- Soil: Laurelwood Silt Loam
- Owners: Keyvan and Vicki Abtin
- Location: Chehalem Mountains AVA
- Acres: 15
- Elevation: 600’-800’
- Certification: LIVE certified
- Farmed by Jose Lopez, Results Partners