The vineyard was purchased in 2004 by Cathy and Bill Redman to fulfill their dream of growing Pinot noir in the northern Willamette Valley. Adelsheim began leasing Redman Vineyard in 2012 after years of purchasing fruit and realizing its potential. The Willakenzie soil series, moderate slope and diverse clonal selections are making this Ribbon Ridge AVA vineyard a gem in Adelsheim’s portfolio. The wines from Redman Vineyard are elegantly balanced with lively red fruit and subtle tea-like flavors.
- Ownership: Vineyard planted and owned by Cathy Redman; leased to Adelsheim for management
- Location/AVA: Ribbon Ridge AVA
- Acres: 21.24
- Clones: Pinot noir: UCD5 “Pommard,” AS-2 (selection), ENTAV 114, ENTAV 115, ENTAV 667, ENTAV 777
- Clones: Chardonnay: CTPS 76
- Clones: Pinot blanc: UCD 6
- Clones: Arneis: UCD 1
- Year planted: 2005-2007
- Elevation: 420-510
- Certification: LIVE Certified
- Aspect: South
- Spacing: 7x4 ft.
- Soil: Marine sedimentary