Purchased by Adelsheim Vineyard co-owners Jack and Lynn Loacker in 1995, Ribbon Springs is now our largest estate vineyard providing delicate and elegant Pinot noirs. The Pinot noirs from this site feature pretty red fruits supported by a plush, smooth mouthfeel. Ribbon Springs is also home to our rare and unique white wine variety, Auxerrois. Only a handful of plantings of this variety exist outside of France’s Alsace region. This refreshing, aromatic grape thrives on the sedimentary east-facing slope of Ribbon Springs Vineyard.
- Ownership: Vineyard planted and owned by Adelsheim co-owners, Lynn and Jack Loacker, managed by Adelsheim
- Location/AVA: Ribbon Ridge AVA
- Acres: 60.46
- Clones: Pinot noir: UCD1A “Wädenswil,” UCD4 “Pommard,” UCD5 “Pommard,” 4407 (selection), ENTAV 113, ENTAV 114, ENTAV 115, ENTAV 667, ENTAV 777
- Clones: Pinot gris: INRA 146, INRA 152
- Clones: Auxerrois: INRA 36, INRA 45
- Year planted: 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000
- Elevation: 400-600 ft.
- Certification: LIVE Certified
- Aspect: South, South-East, South-West, North-East
- Spacing: 7x5 ft.