With the extreme attention to detail and hands-on approach to farming, it is no wonder the quality is so high in this eastern Chehalem Mountain vineyard. The soils are primarily Laurelwood, consisting of ice age windblown loess over a rich and well drained volcanic foundation. The wine from Nicholas Vineyard combines red plum and dark earth cherry with plush tannins.
- Variety: Pinot noir; Chardonnay
- Pinot noir clone: 114, 115, 667
- Chardonnay clones: D 76, D 95
- Acres: 6.48
- Aspect: South
- Spacing: 7x5 ft.
- Year planted: 2001, 2008
- Soil: Loess
- Owners: Ken III and Celia Austin
- Location/AVA: Chehalem Mountains AVA
- Acres: 33
- Elevation: 350-650 ft.
- Certification: LIVE Certified
- Farmed by Evan Bellingar at Results Partners